Sunday, October 11, 2009

Art Visions 2009 Awards


I just got back from Kelowna, BC where I attended the FCA Art Visions 2009 Exhibition awards.  This is a juried show which is held in 3 local galleries: Gallery 421, Hambleton Art Gallery and Turtle Island Art Gallery.
85 works were juried in out of more than 200 submissions and my "Galiano Girl" got the gold medal and a prize of $2009.   She now hangs in Gallery 421, an elegant space in Kelowna's Rotary Arts Centre.
The evening opening was fun and exciting with an opening address by Mayor Sharon Shepherd and the presentation of awards followed by a chance to tour all three galleries, drink great Okanagan wine and chat with artists and art lovers alike.  I'm pictured receiving my award from presenter Jim Laing.
The entire exhibition is online at http://artvisions2008.blogspot.com/2009/08/art-gallery-2009.html and it's worth a look.

1 comment:

Costescu said...

Ingrid, finally getting time to surf a bit as have wanted to check out your site since the exhibit in Kelowna as I really enjoyed your piece "Galiano Girl" & it was nice chatting with you.

Happy Holidays,
Tracey