Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Presentation Counts

Boy
9 x 12

Last week I visited a frame shop in Kelowna that I've wanted to see for some time: Classic Gallery Framing.  I've looked at their frames online, but, like most people, I need to see the real thing before I'll buy something.  What really interested me was their plein air frames. 

When I was in New York recently, I noticed that many galleries frame work in these seamless-cornered, gold frames with no liner.  This is not the Calgary aesthetic, but boy do I ever like it!  The simplest little painting looks like a million dollars when surrounded by gold.  I also like the fact that there is no linen liner to collect dirty fingerprints and dust. 

I bought 3 different styles of plein air frame: 2 gold ones and a black one.  The picture above is of the simplest of the frames that I brought home and shows just how effective gold can be.  If it's good enough for New York, it's good enough for me!

No comments: