Monday, March 7, 2011

More on Shipping and Oil Grounds


Abundance
24 x 36

Happily, my paintings arrived in good shape at the new gallery. Now we're working on getting them to look right on the Artym's website. That's the problem with different computer monitors: I sent images to the gallery which looked correct on my monitor, and these images look washed out and wrong on their website.  Something is being lost in translation, but I'll be darned if I know what it is.  We'll continue to work on it.

The painting above is another one done on an oil ground.  I continue to be pleased with the surface because of its non absorptive quality.  If I don't like a colour or a mark, I can just wipe it back to pure white and try again.  This reversibility has freed me to experiment more than I used to in a painting and has made my studio time very exciting.  Non painters would think I was nuts if they saw me cackling and grinning as I painted and wiped and danced gleefully around the studio, but I know that anyone who's reading this will understand. 

No comments: