Saturday, July 2, 2011

AFA Acquisition


Weeping Birch
32 x 26

Every year the Alberta Foundation for the Arts purchases artworks to add to its collection.  This provincial government-funded organization has been acquiring Alberta artists' works since the '70's and has, according to its website, a $10 million collection.  The works are loaned to galleries and for provincial and national exhibitions.

This year I submitted "Weeping Birch" for the AFA's consideration and was accepted.  The more I ponder this, the prouder I am.  My work will play a part in representing the arts for this province.  How cool is that?

6 comments:

suzannepaints said...

Congratulations. What a wonderful accomplishment. And it is clear to see why you were chosen. The birch is just beautiful. How exciting. You have changed the world!

Ingrid Christensen said...

Thanks, Suzanne! I've changed my world, anyway!

Sharon said...

Congratulations Ingrid!!You deserve it.

Ingrid Christensen said...

Thanks, Sharon!

Donna MacDonald said...

Congratulations Ingrid - that's fantastic and well deserved!!

Ingrid Christensen said...

Thanks, Donna!