Monday, October 3, 2011

Rendezvous Gallery, Vancouver, BC

Wood Sprite
24 x 30

I'm thrilled to have been invited to join the artist roster at Rendezvous Gallery in Vancouver, BC.  

I've been waiting impatiently for this piece to dry so that I could send it off with some others to the gallery.  For me, this represents the Vancouver way of life as I remember it when I lived there in the '80s.  Though it's a huge city, I always felt close to the lush green of the the West Coast rainforest, and I'd often hike down the hill across from the University of British Columbia to lie on the beach.  For a mountain-born, landlocked-raised student, it was paradise!

Although my paints are calling from their storage place in the freezer, I'll spend the day wrapping paintings and head to the UPS store.  If you're painting on this lovely Autumn day, put on some paint for me!

2 comments:

Donna MacDonald said...

Wow, Congratulations Ingrid!!! Awesome painting!

Ingrid Christensen said...

Thanks, Donna!