Sunday, November 18, 2012

Painting Portraits from Photos Workshop


Boy
16 x 12
We all love to look at people and, I've discovered, we love to paint them as well.

I've taught the workshop "Painting Loose and Expressive Portraits from Photos" twice in the past 3 months and I've been asked my several workshoppers to offer it again.  They say that there is so much to learn that seeing it all a second or third time would be really helpful.  I agree, and I am offering it again.

The great thing about teaching it so many times is that I can tweak and refine the workshop with each repetition; cutting out the weak material and honing it to a really effective day. There were some gorgeous paintings the last time, and I know there will be more this time around.

The workshop will be at the Calgary School of Art on Friday, December 14 from 10am to 4pm.
The price is $100, and it's suitable for both oil and acrylic painters.

If you're in Calgary, I hope you'll join me for a great day of portraits and paint.

No comments: