Friday, September 12, 2014

Make it Glow Workshop


I'll be teaching a new workshop devoted entirely to colour on November 1 at the Calgary School of Art.   I hope you'll be able to join me; it promises to be a day of hard work, exploration, revelation, and FUN!

Here's the scoop:

It's all about colour in this intensive, one-day, painting workshop. Join me for a day that includes both the structure of established colour theory, and the excitement of intuitive approaches to colour.

With simple still life objects as your subjects, you'll learn how to mix and apply colour for maximum effect. You'll explore colour mixing, temperature and value, and learn how to layer multiple colours to create exciting visual vibrations - not mud!

If you've ever wondered how to make your paint glow, this workshop is for you.

Please contact the Calgary School of Art to register.




4 comments:

Dean H. said...

Wow!...Ingrid! I've been missing out on all these informational posts!! Gorgeous work! I shall be back often.

Ingrid Christensen said...

Thanks, Dean!
I'm not the diligent blogger that I should be (you're my model and I fall short), but I'm pleased to hear that you think they're informative.

Happy painting!

Huey Lim said...

I was looking at your original little flower painting at Calgary School of Art, and suddenly understood that, like good food doesn't need lots of spice, a beauty doesn't need much make up/accesory, good painting, no matter how simple the composition and brush strokes are, is full of stories itself~

Ingrid Christensen said...

You are a poet, Huey! Thank you for the beautiful comment.
I'm looking forward to seeing you back at the easel.